The countdown is on until your trip departure! What can you do to make the waiting time seem less? In addition to staying on top of your school work, you can start getting ready! Also, be sure to enter the Student Photo Contest by submitting your favorite photos taken while on tour.
Student Packing Guide
- Slacks or mid-length skirts/dresses
- Nice shirts or blouses
- Comfortable shoes or sneakers with tied laces
- Weather-appropriate jacket
- One piece of rain gear (e.g. umbrella, rain poncho)
- Undergarments and socks
- Toothpaste, hair and skin products
- Grooming tools (brush, comb, toothbrush)
- Pen or pencil
- Cell Phone (at your own risk)
- iPad or Computer (at your own risk)
- Camera (at your own risk)
- Spending Money (no more than $40 a day)
*Group Leader must approve of all medications brought on tour, including over-the-counter drugs.
What Not to Bring
- Inappropriate tops (t-shirts, tank tops, spaghetti straps)
- Warm up pants or sweat pants
- Short skirts
- Over-sized/baggy/frayed/distressed jeans
- Razor Blades
- Drugs or medications that have not been approved by your Group Leader
- Any flammable materials
- More than 3.4 oz of liquid, gel or aerosol paint
- Always respect the property of other students, as well as any public property. Parents are liable for any damaged property.
- Stay with your group. Use the buddy system and never leave anyone alone.
- Follow the directions of chaperones, Tour Guides and Tour Sponsors.
- If an emergency occurs and you cannot contact your Tour Guide, call the 24/7 support number on your Brightspark Travel lanyard.
- Be kind and cooperative. Stay patient and polite in long lines.
- Always stay within the facilities you are touring. Never leave a building without a chaperone.
- If you become separated from your group, report to a security guard or police officer.
At the Hotel
- Never open your windows and keep room curtains closed.
- Do not open your door or come out of your room unless directed by a chaperone.
- Remember there will be other guests above, below, and next to us.
- Keep your room clean, no one is going to clean up after you.
- No rough-housing, jumping on beds, etc.
- Be practical and considerate with towels and bathroom supplies.
- Be fully clothed when you're in the hallways (this includes shoes/sandals on feet).
- Keep track of all your belongings and keep your hands off other students' possessions.
- Do not leave valuables exposed in your room (or on the bus, or in public venues).
- Do not use the microwaves (if you have one in your room).
- "Lights Out" means quiet.