A Place where storybook fantasy is everyday reality - this is a "must" see for all!
National Performing Arts - Disney
February 19-21, 2016
The National Performing Arts Festival held at Walt Disney World® Resort provides the opportunity for High School and Middle School drama students from throughout the country to compete and have fun at one of the most popular student destinations. Workshops and clinics will also be held for performance and tech students. An awards ceremony will be held at the end of the festival to honor winners of the competition. Your group will also be able to enjoy the world famous theme park and have an opportunity to go behind the scenes to see how Disney magic is made!
Promote theater through exposure to theater professionals in an educational setting.
- Students will learn from theater professionals or university professors at a variety of acting workshops.
- Professionals from acting, directing, dancing, and/or vocal fields will offer the students constructive critique of their performance.
Gain valuable performance experience
- Student troupes will gain experience performing before a live audience
- Student troupes will be observe quality performances from other student groups.
Receive critical feedback from theater professionals
- Following the performances, groups will receive a private, interactive feedback clinic about their performance.
Participate in educational Acting Workshops
- The workshops will include topics such as: Audition Techniques, Vocal Techniques, Stage Movement, and/or Scene Development.
Solo and Duo Competition
- Special performance opportunities for students who want personal instruction and critique.
- Students perform a vocal, or dramatic interpretation for an audience of their peers and adjudication
Walt Disney World® Resort:
Additional learning opportunities include the magic of the Disney Theme parks
- Tech Tours: Your stage crew will go behind the scenes and learn about costuming, set design, sound and lighting and see how special effects are done through "Disney Magic"!
- Casting Director Workshop: Students will learn how to audition for a position at Walt Disney World® Resort
- See Character Actors & Performances while visiting theme parks
- Perform for a Live Audience: Showcase Award winners will have the opportunity to perform in front of a live audience on a Disney Stage